Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid Check In Blog

This class has been tough on me for English is not my best subject. The hardest thing for me is gathering my thoughts to start a paper. It seems like it takes me a very long time to get going, which is not good when I'm trying to fit school into my work schedule. When I finally get started then my stress level tends to reside. I haven't taken any classes where due dates are split up through the week. I find myself stuck at times because I don't have time to do homework and work my job. In other classes I use my days off to do nothing but homework to get caught up. On the other hand I can see how it can also help you be strategic with your time which is very important when taking online classes. For me, it is really stressing me out trying to get things turned in on time. On a good note, I have been learning quite a bit. The more I write the better I get and the easier it becomes. Writing literary analysis is something that I am not use to. I catch myself summarizing quite often because that is what I mostly have done. Analysis has strained my brain more than I want it to, but I guess that's the point. I have enjoyed the readings and find the stories hard to put down. It definitely makes it more enjoyable when your not forced to read about the boring stuff. Everything I have read I have liked and taken to heart. Hammil's "Necessity to Speak" made me aware how powerful ones voice can be. My goal for the second half is to be more focused. I need to be more relaxed and try not to get frustrated. This class is very important to me and I hope I can get through it while working around my job. Good luck to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment