Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good Readers and Good Writers

I think that the main point Nabokov is telling readers is to leave your mind open. He is telling a reader to use the author to expand your own imagination. Expecting to know what the author is going to say before you actually read it tends to limit your mind and is why he tells readers to go into a book with a clear mind. I agree in most of what Nabokov thinks makes a good reader. I don’t believe that comparing yourself to a character in a book is wrong. I think that is perfectly natural and don’t see any harm in effecting what the author is trying to say. I think that you have to be patient with the author and not be judgmental until you look at all aspects of what is being explained or told. I liked what he said about a story being called a true story is unfair because it deceives you, as a reader, from using your full potential imagination. I consider myself an average reader but don’t read as much as I probably should. If I can convince myself to have the time to pick up a book to read, I usually can get into it very easily and furthermore, enjoy it! Keeping focused, patient, and open minded, I think are all important characteristics of a good reader.

http://hubpages.com/hub/readingstrategies

No comments:

Post a Comment